Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 10,11. 9.14-15.13. 100 miles from 375 junction to just past 93 junction. Then 50 miles to cathedral gorge state park.

These past few days have been quite the blessing. Our bodies have been feeling better and better each day. I feel my endurance really coming around. We did 100 miles yesterday in 7 hours of riding, I attribute this mostly to the good start we had in the morning as we had 51 miles done by lunch time.
Our shadows, closing in on 100. 6:30 PM

Riding through Nevada was quite interesting because it seemed like we would climb a mountain pass and then be able to see our road ahead for the next 30 miles. It was all so predictable... Ride 30 miles climb 1500 feet, descend 1500 feet during the next 30 miles and repeat. 


Josh with no hands, coasting some miles in route to #100

We had quite the stealth camp spot again, hiding off the road behind a pile of gravel and we were completely undisturbed, other than the screaming coyotes at night. 
Almost packed up in the morning

We got a great early start around 8:30 after some quite time in the word. I was meditating on 1 Tim 2 today about praying for the rulers and authorities, and anyone else I could think of. It is hard to think as much as I would like when I am riding, but whenever I did think of it I prayed as much as I could today which was quite a lot compared to normal life. 

Caliente treated me nicely with 2 drinks and 4 hot dogs for $2. The climb, albeit tame, thereafter did not treat my hot dogs with respect. I enjoyed the feeling of being full though and enjoyed the lovely ride into Cathedral Gorge State Park. 

It was great arriving so early (around 2 PM) so that we could really meet people around the camp. It was such a small campground that everyone seemed interested. John and Geneva cooked us up an absolutely wonderful meal of spaghetti (my weakness). My stomach hurt because I ate so much. What a phenomenal couple. They made us feel so blessed (Josh explained more about them). 

Tomorrow we head to Cedar City, Utah! Another new state so soon! Time is really flying now. Here we come Utah national parks. 

Tailwinds, 
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment