Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hasta Luego. Muchos Thankyous to everyone.

    It has been a few days now since the arrival home, so I have had some time to contemplate what I would have to say as my wrap up blog post of the journey to Guatemala. I don't think time has made it any easier to be able to put feelings into words, however. As one might expect, the trip to Guatemala to build a well was life changing in and of itself, but there was also something more to it that really pulled on my heart. I think it meant so much more than just your normal mission trip, because it was an idea that God had sparked in Josh and I's hearts almost 2 years ago. Eventually we decided to just go for it, to try something we had never done, or heard of anyone doing (although we weren't in the biking circles at that time), we made the plans and went for it. You know the story, two guys on a big bike trip, end up with enough funds to build two wells in Guatemala, partially fund a huge project in Kenya, and also travel to Guatemala to physically implement the wells in the community of need. It is just an unbelievable journey for us to remember, for you all to remember as our main supporters.

   If I were to explain some of the things I learned this journal would turn into a book..... and who knows maybe it will someday. But, the biggest thing I think that has changed deep in my heart is that if God births an idea in my heart, no matter the difficulty of it, I will be willing to make those things happen mostly because I know that God will make it happen if I give my effort. It is just something deep in my heart now that could never leave, and I don't know if I could have ever really felt that way if I had not had this huge experience. I thank God for being so apparent every day, in such big ways. I also learned a lot about selflessness, from the process of being with one other guy for 2 months on a bike (believe me Josh learned a lot of this as well), being with a new team in Guatemala, sharing time, sharing money, and sharing experiences. Being with Josh for such a long time and getting to know each other so well was/is such a blessing that I will always be thankful for. Being able to complete this journey with another individual with such a passionate heart is something to never take for granted, alone I could not have done it. I learned a lot about living by faith and trusting God each and every day for safety, a place to stay, and trusting his plan above all. I learned more than I ever could have imagined about generosity, obviously on the bike trip when so many individuals helped us out each day, and also in just giving our time and energy to build a well for the often sick people in Guatemala. There was nothing more joyful to me than giving back and providing these people with such a necessary resource. To see the smiles on the children's faces, to see the warmth in the hearts of the village men, and to see the relief in the women's eyes... There is nothing more that we could have asked for. Every pedal on our bicycles was worth it. Worth it!

   
 Now, being home, the question is.... Is this the end of a life dream journey? Or is it the beginning of a new powerful servanthood lifestyle? 






Thank you Lifecycle supporters.... and Josh and Mark believers.... and Believers of Jesus Christ!

It has truly been a ride of a lifetime. We are overjoyed to have brought you along with us. We pray that God has moved in your hearts as he has moved in ours. I hope you have been able to realize the emotion, the feeling, the passion, and the fulfillment of this adventure. Remember, life for Christ is an adventure.... a very fulfilling, fun, and passionate adventure.

God Bless, Dios le bendiga,
Tailwinds,
Mark and Josh and the Lifecycle team.....
Until Next time... Hasta Luego...

No comments:

Post a Comment