Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 40. 10.14.2013. 88 miles from murphysboro state park to cave-in-rock state park.

Today the sunrise was absolutely stunning. It was nice to be up and out of the site early to get a good day of riding in. I could nt get the pictures of the sunrise out of my head though. Here is a little progression of pictures taken about every 15 minutes. 





Well that was fun! What a beautiful creation. 


We stopped in Carbondale and visited the bike surgeon bike shop. Our good friend Bob, who we met at Grace church (where else haha), had already talked with the owner to work out a deal for us, but on top of that he wanted to take the bill. He is an avid cyclist himself and wanted to do anything he could to help so he had us get some bike tuneups. I also got a new back tire, I just blew mine two days ago, and they fixed my wal-mart looking handlebars with the funky foam padding and made it better for my hand issues. 
My new padding

What a major blessing. Thanks Bob! It's because of people like you that our trip has been so wonderful. Bob called me to check in and to make sure everything went smooth and I thanked him greatly, but I loved his response. He said "he don't thank me, thank The Lord, he is simply using me as a tool, that's all I am, Gods tool." That was inspiring to me because all that I am is Gods tool as well. What a great mentality that is so hard to grasp sometimes. But I'm thankful to be grasping it right now, especially thanks to people like Bob, and the people at Grace church. 

After quite he long midday break at the bike shop, and after Mathias' pedal broke and we got a new one, we finally got back on the road knowing we might roll in after dark. We did make it to the state park at cave-in-rock just after dark, but riding with my super bright light and with sparse traffic the dark riding was quite fun and relaxing. All in all a pretty uneventful riding day though. 

Riding at night

Thebikesurgeon.com 
Thanks Trish!

God bless,
Tailwinds
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment