Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 42. 10.16.2013. 75 miles from Sebree to Rough River State Park


I could not stop smiling today. Even in then pouring rain.  The joy of The Lord was so present all day. I think the biggest thing I noticed riding today in Kentucky was the smells. I couldn't get over the smell of fall, coloring leaves, cornfields, and rain in the air. On top of the enlightening aroma the Kentucky hills were very mild for the touring cyclist. What a great experience.  
The church we stayed at last night. 

I realized today some major differences in riding out west versus the east. Out west I was more excited to get to where we were riding to; that was my highlight. Right now the highlight has switched from the destination to the journey. I love being on my bicycle. I wonder what it will be like when I am home and not looking at a map every morning planning for the next night. Hmmmmmm. 

Te leaves are really beginning to change and it only excited me more for what we have to come..... The Appalachians. We will be riding through Boone, NC, which is supposed to be one of the best autumn locations in the east! Whoot! 

We have made a goal to find a homemade apple cider/donut place somewhere.... Hopefully in Kentucky. 

I wish other than a picture I could out a smell on the blog so y'all can smell the perfectness of Kentucky. 

Kentucky is known, to the touring cyclist, as the land of crazy demon possessed dogs who try to getchya. 

Haha. No way this guy catches us. 



Until next time,
God bless,
Tailwinds, (blow us to the ocean!)
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment