Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 5. 2-25-2014.

Day 2 at the comunidad was even more grand than the first. It was fantastic to see familiar faces, remember names,  and make a lot of progress on the well. 
 
We both spoke a lot more Spanish today. It is fun to start feeling a little more competent, although I've become very convinced that I need to hone my Spanish skills once I am home in preparation for my next return. I'm going to find a good book to learn from. No seriously... I am. :)

We drilled the well 7 inches wide at 125 feet deep. Then put the PVC pipe together and lowered it down by hand. Then filled around the PVC with gravel pack. We then forced a lot of air down the pipe to kick start the water flow. Now we are working on developing the well, or in other words cleaning out the water and making the hole secure.  

My verses for the week. 

I also spent time in the hygene lessons today teaching with Blanca. It was a ton of fun. I was able to connect a lot more with the children, and the mothers of the community. Blanca is seriously the most amazing teacher one could ask for, she had a terribly sore throat today, no voice, and taught alllll day long. We are praying for God's strength to keep her strong. Tomorrow I should also be teaching little kids proper use of the well, proper hygene techniques etc. today I had to teach on worms and parasites. That was a rough subject, but all of them had experienced parasites personally so it was very needed. 

I have been sitting in the front seat with Manuel everyday, both to and from the community. We have been communicating a lot in Spanglish, and learning quite a bit of each other's native languages from each other. What a fun and amazing young 24 year old man of God. 
Manuel (meme), on the drill site with the rig. 

Until next time,
Tailwinds,
Dios le bendiga,
Marcos y Josue'

No comments:

Post a Comment