Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 3. 2-23-2014

Today was mostly a prep day. We went to breakfast early in the morning and I ordered juevos guatemalica, and French toast. After that we went to church at Iglesia de camina. It was quite the gringo church but was still very cool. It was in both Spanish and English which made it so we could at least follow along well. The worship team was absolutely amazing. After church we grabbed some banana bread from a local bread heaven and headed back to the base to leave for nueva concepcion. About 4 hours later we arrived at our hotel, which is very basic and quite cozy for the area that we are in. We had a team meeting in which Alvaro and Blanca explained what tomorrow will be like. Lots of drilling, very very hot, and a pretty long day of work. I've also been working on my Spanish as much as possible. I think I may be convinced now that knowing Spanish well would be worth it, because I don't. 

   I am reminded of 1 Corinthians 2:1-6. Paul explains that he does not preach with amazing words, rather his words are quite weak, but the power of the spirit is what does the powerful and impactful preaching. I pray hat the spirit will indwell our team tomorrow, and shine through even with our glaring weaknesses (language for one). 

Menu

Antigua shot. 
Landscape. 

   Breakfast is at 5 am tomorrow, so a good nights sleep is welcomed. I have been excited for this days coming for quite some time. To God be the glory. 

Tailwinds,
Dios le bendiga,
Marcos y Josue'

No comments:

Post a Comment