Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 54. 10.28.2013. 100 miles from Mebane to Kinston.

Is this real life? We rode our last century ride today, and finished at the home of the amazingly hospitable Minst family. Rudy and Connie, and Doph their son, welcomed us into their beautiful residence. 

But to get there we had 100 miles of mostly back road and flat riding. For the first 25 miles of the trip we rode the Neuse River bike path that Guy had recommeded us to ride. The best part of that trail, other than it's peacefulness and beauty, was at it got us out of Raleigh without riding in any traffic. Wheeeee. 

Cotton fields I think?? With an NC sunset. 

Neuse river trail. Diagonal for fun. 

It felt good to stretch the legs out a bit again today and do a few more miles than we have been doing. We filled up in the morning with an amazing egg and bacon breakfast that Kay made us. We also had such a sweet conversation with her (Guy had already left for work when I got up) and left with much encouragement and many words of advice. We couldn't have asked for better hosts. (Shout out to Mr. Linka again for finding us a place!) 
Guy and Kay Holsclaw. Soooo sweet. 

I can't stop thinking about the beach that we will see tomorrow. What are my legs going to think after tomorrow when they wake up and don't have to pedal all day??? What am I going to think?? Right now I think I am ready to finish, to put the cap on this amazing trip. But I'm sure in a few days I will miss this lifestyle; meeting amazing people, having beautiful visual stimulation for 8+ hours a day, riding with Josh, eating like a Grizzly bear, and falling asleep the second my head meets the pillow, but most of all being in situations every day where I need God to come through and help me out. I have loved putting my utmost faith in Him and watching Him work His perfectness into our trip on every level. I really really want to live my life this way forever where I am so dependent on God and not myself or anyone else. 

Man, I shouldn't be writing all these reflections yet... We still have another day of Biking left!!! I'm sure there will be some more reflection blogs in the near future. Stay tuned. 

Beach party tomorrow at 4 pm! Atlantic beach, North Carolina. We would love to see you at our last moment of the ride :):) 

God bless 
Tailwinds, just one more time
Mark

1 comment:

  1. I will be there in spirit. Thinking about it a lot today. Love you bud. Wish I could celebrate the moment in person with you.

    ReplyDelete