Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 33. 10.7.2013. 103 miles from Cassoday to chanute

Kansas became much hillier today. But it was very smooth riding and the roads that the adventure cycling maps took us on were sparsely travelled. The morning was splendid yet again and Kansas continued to prove it was way more beautiful than it was cracked up to be. 

I was a little sleepy while riding today, so I'm committing to better sleep tonight. But the major reason I attribute my sleepiness to is this... I was listening to the tigers game through a live stream on my iphone, since it's playoff baseball I was really excited to get a chance to listen while I was riding. But the tigers literally couldn't do anything on offense. So I was sleepy because the tigers are playing terrible and really need to wake up themselves. So I blame my sleepiness more on the boringness of the tigers game than anything else. Haha. So we better win tomorrow. 

We made it to a super cool town called chanute. They have a city tent/RV park that is free for two nights and even has showers! I haven't showered in 5 days I think so that was verrrrry nice. I haven't been to sweaty because of the cool temps but still. 

Mathias is still riding with us and this morning we talked about the Christian faith for a long time. I have been able to share many stories with him in our many hours of riding. I am so thankful God brought him into our lives on this trip. I think he will probably ride with us for another week until we have to spilt paths for him to go south to Florida. I am in continued prayer for our new friend. What a great cheerful guy. 

Tomorrow we should make it into Missouri which is unbelievable to realize that Kansas (almost 600 miles) has gone so quickly. I hope Missouri, Kentucky, and North Carolina present us with some great ministry opportunities. If you could pray for anything I would ask for that. 

Hills in Kansas 

God bless you all :)
Tailwinds,
Mark

1 comment:

  1. I would love to pray for more opportunities to share with people
    and I was wondering where Mathias stood on spiritual issues
    Glad to hear these things

    ReplyDelete