Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 34. 10.8.2013. 93 miles from chanute to golden city Mo

Well we made it through Kansas in 3 full days and two half days with the entrance and exit. That blows my mind. I am thankful for the amazing weather, the breathtaking sunsets, sunrises, early mornings, middays, and afternoons, and stars at night for that matter. Haha. Kansas was a great cycling experience. 

Today we made it into Missouri. Thankfully the eastern part of Kansas prepared us for entering Missouri with some rolling hills. We hear/know that Missouri is going to be extremely roly poly and even containing some steeper grades. So here's to a new chapter of our journey. 

The past few nights, including this one, we have stayed in city parks that even have showers !! But I was just thinking how I never knew that city parks allowed camping. I don't know if that runs true for northern Michigan but if it does I have never heard of it. Ever since we hit eastern Colorado we have camped in city parks almost every night. It is really nice that these towns will support us in our ride. 

Today we finished with our total mileage at 2350. I cannot believe we have ridden our bicycles that far. That means we are definitely over 2/3 finished. The total mileage is between 3600 and 3800. Praise be to God that we have made it this far. 

It sure is fun having Mathias riding along with us. He is so easy going and also a very good cyclist. It's fun to have him help us plan our routes for the day. I think I mentioned yesterday but when we hit Kentucky he is then planning to split and go south to florida. 

We finished around 6 pm today which has left us plenty of time to relax and settle down. I also listened to the entire tigers game again today.... This one did not make me sleepy. What a game. Go tigers! Game 5 in Oakland now!

I am hoping for a cool people connection soon. God has a plan, I am just getting to live it out. 

This morning I read in 1 Thessalonians about living a life pleasing to God. I did my best to think about chapter 4 today. 

Also I listened to a sermon by Francis chan on living a life without fear and living in faith. It was very inspiring, for now and for the future. 

God does speak to me in the days, but I am not always good at remembering those things. It is good to sit here and reflect. 

Tomorrow is somewhere east of here, and in Missouri. 





God bless
Tailwinds, 
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment